Get ready to bring kids lunches to a whole new level!
Yumbox, a bento lunch box that is easy to pack a nutritionally balanced meal in minutes! Not only can you fit every food group in your meal but there are illustrations to give you some mealtime inspo!
It’s perfect for a packed school lunch, toddler meals, snacks and small adult meals.
Yumbox Tapas Bento Box is the largest Yumbox, with 5 compartments a single leak-proof lid that allows you to pack a nutritious kids or adult meal including wet foods like yogurt, dressings fruit puree (not drinks/water). And it's reusable so you can pack a zero waste lunch and help reduce disposable plastic littering our planet.
Fits in a range of insulated eco-friendy lunch bags.
Yumbox Tapas Features:
Yumbox Tapas is the largest Yumbox yet, featuring it's famous leak-proof design so you can pack wet foods like yogurt and applesauce (not liquids like drinks/water/juice/watery dressings). The silicone lid engages the tray to keep contents in place and sealed
- Includes exterior box and a 5-compartment tray insert with themed illustrations (please note, we can not substitute the pictured tray insert).
- Dreamy Purple/Stardust Pink includes the Bon Appetit tray; Go Green/True Blue includes the Jungle Tray; (as shown in the product images). Tray is removable for washing. Yumbox Tapas Tray is not compatible with the Yumbox Original, Panino or Yumbox MiniSnack.
- Balance and portion control with pre-portioned removable illustrated tray. Tapas 5-compartment has a four cup volume of 1 x 1½ cup, 1 x ¾ cups, 2 x ½ cups with a ¼ cup small dip/treat well
- 100% food safe and non-toxic; 100% BPA/PVC/Phthalate/Lead free
- Fun design and colours, with soft rounded edges and smooth surfaces
- Dishwasher-safe (top rack only up to 65°C), hand washing the lid is highly recommended to prolong the longevity of the seal
Materials - Sturdy ABS (outer box), Tritan (tray) and Silicone (seal). BPA/PVC free.
Size - in a closed position Yumbox Tapas is approx. 24.5 x 17.0 x 4.6 cm. Approx 990ml total capacity. Weighs 627g
Care Instructions - Yumbox is dishwasher safe up to 65°C (top rack only). We highly recommend hand washing the outer shell to preserve the seal or if using a dishwasher, removing it before the heat dry cycle. Most dishwashers temperatures are a guide only and actual temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20°C and may affect the adhesive holding the seal in place. Yumbox is designed with rounded edges and smooth surfaces to make hand washing easy.
As with any product used to store food mould can occur if not cleaned thoroughly. To prevent the chance of mould growth we recommend storing the Yumbox open if unused for long periods and always allowing to air dry overnight when washed.
To treat mould on the silicone surface Yumbox advise cleaning with Milton solution (following the directions on the box) and then leaving the case in direct sunlight for as long as you can. Do not bleach or soak for long periods as the seal has an adhesive backing holding it in place and this may be affected.
Important: Yumbox is designed to hold wet foods but not liquids. More specifically do not pack yoghurt drinks, fruit juice, soups or runny/watery dressings. Do pack foods with the consistency of ranch dressing, ketchup, chunky salsas, hummus, yoghurt and veggie dips. These are all great options. Some oily vinaigrettes may leak out of the dip well. One trick that can help keep vinaigrettes in place is to dress the salad and top it with a few croutons. The croutons will absorb excess oil/liquid and keep the vinaigrette from seeping into a neighbouring compartment.